-Vicente Feliú, September 2012
NEW YORK CITY
Interviews were conducted in a number of radio and TV stations. Vicente Feliú and members of the International Committee participated in these interviews informing thousands of listeners about the concert and about the case of the Cuban 5. These stations included:
- Telesur (DC)
- WPWC 1480 AM We Act Radio
- WPFW 89.3 FM Voices with Vision
- WPFW 89.3 FM latino Media Collective
- Block Talk Radio African on the Move
- WBAI 99.5 FM Cuba in Focus (NY)
- La Grande 1010AM, Marcos Gutierrez (SF)
- KPFA 94.1 FM La Raza Chronicles, Nina Serrano (Berkeley)
- KPFA 94.1 FM Radio 2050, Darren de Leon (Berkeley)
- Radio Bilingue 91.5 FM Linea Abierta, Chelis Lopez (Oakland)
- KPFA 94.1 FM Morning Mix, Andres Soto
- KTNC 42 Estrella TV, Leticia Mendoza (San Francisco)
- KPOO 89.5 Pajaro Latinoamerica, Andanzas, Chelis Lopez
- The Tecolote, a newspaper serving the Latino Community in the Mission District of San Francisco published two ads about the concert.
- Tom Hayden's article: Obama's Cuban 5 Dilemma
In all the venues, the International Committee set up informational tables and distributed a great deal of information about the case of the Cuban 5 and asked people to join this struggle for justice.
On September 14, in Washington DC, a well attended event took place to commemorate the 14th anniversary of the Cuban 5. Speakers included Puerto Rican freedom fighter Rafael Cancel Miranda, Tom Hayden, Michele Tingling-Clemmons, Liz Derius and Jose Pertierra.
Netfa Freeman from the Institute for Policy Studies and Alicia Jrapko from the International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5 facilitated the two panel discussion.
Solidarity Message from Angela Davis
For more information visit: http://www.thecuban5.org/wordpress/index.phpwww.thecuban5.org
MAKE A DONATION